Introduction to Python
InstallationThe anaconda distribution of Python is downloadable at: www.continuum.io/downloads
The Python 2.x is legacy, Python 3.x is the present and future of the language (wiki.python.org/moin/Python2orPython3).
Some web sites to learn PythonThe codecademy web site (www.codecademy.com/learn) offers a wide range of excercises to pratice your pyton skills.
If you have problems in your python code, a good method to solve it is to look up the question on internet with your favorit web browser. The website stackoverflow usually has great answers (stackoverflow.com).
If you want to learn more on a particular topic, I'd advice to go take a look at the python wikibook en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Python_Programming or the documentation website docs.python.org/2/library/. or other tutorial website like http://www.tutorialspoint.com/python/.
- Open wiki.python.org/moin/SimplePrograms
- Copy the commands and tests them on your console
Packages and modulesPackages and modules can be loaded to uses new library on python. The following package are quite useful:
- Math : docs.python.org/2/library/math.html
- MatPlotLib : matplotlib.org
- Numpy : www.numpy.org
- Os : docs.python.org/2/library/os.html
- Pylab : scipy.github.io/old-wiki/pages/PyLab
- Sys : docs.python.org/2/library/sys.html
The way I like it
- Part 1: Input output file: part1.py.
- Part 1-1: Stings and writing table: part1-1.py.
- Part 2: Integer and float: part2.py.
- Part 3: List, dictionnary and array: part3.py.
- Part 3-1: Array built-in function: part3-1.py.
- Part 4: Figure and plot: part4.py.
- Part 5: If, for, while loop: part5.py.
- Part 6: Function and class: part6.py.
- Part 6-1: Importing .py file: part6-1.py.
- All the filles: all_py.tar.